Monday, 26 August 2013
I have now tried my hand at miniature knitting. My first attempt is this knitting project for a doll living in a dollhouse with what I think is an Edwardian style (but I might be totally wrong about that). The dollhouse is 1:12 scale (compared to our regular sized houses), and very impressive.
The knitting was made with a 1 ply cotton yarn and 1 mm needles. I used two pins with round metal heads as knitting needles for the doll, and I made an additional skein of yarn to put next to it in the basket. And yes, it was very fiddly and time consuming to make.
The masks became a little loose with the cotton yarn, it was a little stiff, so maybe I should try with softer woolen yarn to get a tighter finished fabric.
And here is a picture of the knitting in the room where it will live.
Until next time,