Sunday, 21 July 2013

Mishap monster

I wanted to crochet a turtle and found a nice free pattern for a small striped turtle. The pattern is clear and makes for a nice turtle, however, mine looks like it was made by someone who's never seen a turtle.

So, what happened was, I made the body and feet, just as the pattern says, and it looked fine. Then came time for me to make the tail, but I ended up making the head.

The placing of the feet, made this the back of the turtle and I couldn't simply turn it and put the tail on the other end. So I ended up making a kind of teddybear head with suitable ears and a few stitches on the front for a face.

Now this mishap turtle is my monster and tends to show up cuddling in my knitting projects.

Until next time,

Happy Knitting

No comments:

Post a Comment